Monday, April 30, 2007

Time

Can you imagine the time involved in this melon Sculpting. I think it is very interesting to say the least.
Time is not my friend at the moment as I am preparing for my move at the end of the month. Happily I am on holidays next week so can then give it my full attention.
The thought of yet another move is very daunting to me at the minute, however if that is all I need to worry about I am O. K.
























Two Irish hunters got a pilot to fly them to Canada to hunt moose.

They bagged six. As they started loading the plane for the return trip, the pilot said the plane could take only four moose. The two lads objected strongly. "Last year we shot six, and the pilot let us put them all on board; he had the same plane as yours."

Reluctantly, the pilot gave in and all six were loaded. However, even with full power, the little plane couldn't handle the load and went down.

A few moments after, climbing out of the wreckage, Paddy asked Mick, "Any idea where we are?"

"I think we're pretty close to where we crashed last year."




At dawn the telephone rings.
"Hello, Senor Lucky? This is Ernesto the caretaker at your country house."
"Ah yes, Ernesto. What can I do for you? Is there a problem?"
"Um, I am just calling to advise you, Senor, that your parrot died.
"My parrot? Dead? The one that won the International competition?"
"Si, Senor, that's the one."
"Damn! That's a pity! I spent a small fortune on that bird. "What did he die from?"
"From eating rotten meat, Senor"
"Rotten meat? Who the hell fed him rotten meat?"
"Nobody, Senor. He ate the meat of the dead horse."
"Dead horse? What dead horse?"
"Your thoroughbred, Senor Lucky. Your thoroughbred died from all that work pulling the water cart."
"Are you insane? What water cart?"
"The one we used to put out the fire, Senor"
"Good Lord! What fire are you talking about, man?"
"The one at your house, Senor! A candle fell and the curtains caught on fire"
"What the.....!!! But there's electricity at the house!!! What was the candle for?"
"For the funeral, Senor."
"WHAT BLOODY FUNERAL?!"
"Your wife's, Senor... She showed up one night out of the blue and I thought she was a thief, so I hit her with your new Tiger Woods Nike Driver."

SILENCE...................
"Ernesto....... if you broke that driver, you're in deep, deep, trouble."



11 comments:

Jim said...

Margaret, I hope your move goes smoothly and that you have some good helpers. I know you are having knee problems too.
I watched some sculptors make all kinds of fruit figures on a cruise. These guys, all men, were pretty fast.
Supposedly it was a lesson and the passengers watching would be able to do that when they got home.
..

Peter said...

Hi Margaret, hope you get my call, sorry it's late... that first joke is a screamer.

JunieRose2005 said...

Margaret,

Wow! Those melon sculptors are truly amazing!
I would love to se one of those created!


That first joke was very funny!!

Good luck with your move.

Junie

Lee said...

That fruit sculpturing certainly is an art. Incredible stuff. Don't overdo it during that move, Margaret.

Jeanette said...

Hi Margaret.You need Alot of patience and a steady hand to do this art work.
loved the The two Irish hunters .
You take care shifting Ihope you will have plenty of help becarefull of your back..... love Jan

Leann said...

have a easy move and hope the new place is a blessing.thanks for showing the melons they are so pretty.and now I can hrdlywait to get some I love it.
LOL over the jokes.have a great week.God bless.
(((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

Merle said...

Hi Margaret ~~ Great melon carvings
and the jokes were very good. I hope
your move goes well, you sure have had a few. Hopefully this will be the last one. Let me know your new address once you get settled. I hope lots of friends lend you a hand, as
Jeanette said - be careful of your back. Take care, Much love, Merle.

Gwen said...

Hi Margaret.
Those sculptures it sure is an art.
Take care with your move,will get
back to see you when the heavy work
is done. xx

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hi Margaret,
Those melon carvings are amazing.
Hope the move is going well.
Take care, Meow

wazza said...

Gidday Margaret,
Where is youse? I know you're on the move but we miss you.
"I'll be calling yoooouuu Margaret".
Gee do you think I sound like Nelson Eddy???

Merle said...

Hi Margaret ~~ Thanks for leavg comments. Glad you lked the House Cleaning post. You will be OK when the move is over and you can get things how you want them. Do take care, Love, Merle.