Monday, May 21, 2007

Back to Work

Hi, everyone my apologies for not reading very often , therefore not commenting regularly
Thank you for all for visit to my posts I do appreciate them. I am back to work tomorrow so now have to deal with last stage preparation for my move in my free time.
Once the actual move has happened I Will have more time to get back to normal posting. I expect that I will be a couple of days before I am re connected to net as well. Everything is a little unsure at present however the end is in sight. Once again thanks everyone for hanging in there for me.

Cheers Margaret




Paddy and Mick are walking home after a night on the beer. They've got no money to get a taxi, and are staggering all over the place when they find themselves outside a bus depot.

Paddy has a brainwave and says to Mick, "get in there and steal a bus so we can drive home, and I'll stay out here and look out for the police." Mick duly breaks into the depot and is gone for twenty minutes, while Paddy is wondering what the hell he is doing.

Eventually Paddy sticks his head around the door, and sees Mick running from bus to bus looking very worried. "What in all hell are you doing, Mick, get a move on!" To which Mick replies,"I can't find a number 7 anywhere Paddy," Paddy, holding his hands to his head in disbelief, shouts, "You ***** idiot, Mick.

Steal a number 9 and we'll get off at the roundabout and walk the rest of the way!"

11 comments:

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hope everything works out with the move and work and stuff, Margaret.
Take care, Meow

Peter said...

Hi Margaret, try to slack off a bit at work, you're gonna need some energy for the move... Great joke.

Lee said...

Good to hear from you, Margaret...all the best with your move.

Merle said...

Hi Margaret ~~ Won't be long now
until the big move and getting settled. I hope this is your last for awhile or forever?? It has got quite cold down here this week, but it is nearly Winter, so must expect it.
Don't have to like it though. Stay well Margaret and we will be glad to have you back once you are settled.
Don't worry in the meantime. Take
care, Love, Merle.

Christina said...

Hi Margaret, just want to wish you luck with your move. i know how much of a pain moving can be!

Good joke, too.

PinkCat said...

I hope the move goes o.k. for you. Sorry that I haven't commented in a while. It has been a mad house here. lol

I will check back soon.

Take care xx

Jim said...

Hi Margaret -- We are back (early) now. I've even posted my status!

I'm glad Mick couldn't get that Number 7 bus.
That's the one we were taking from the Dublin Airport into town.
The ride was 6 Eur for us seniors, seven for normal people.
..

Jim said...

Oh yes, here's hoping your move goes smoothly and that you can find the stuff you need afterwards!
..

Leann said...

my prayers are with you.moving is a pain,but there is some thing to a new fresh start..hope your new place is a wonderful place where you can feel safe and peaceful..where new friends will help you to feel welcome.
(((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))
God bless you and your move....

Jeanette said...

hi Margaret just popped back to how you are going,hope the shift went well and its your last time.take care of your back.

Christina said...

Hi, Margaret,

hope your job is going well.