Saturday, September 16, 2006

Can't Take it with You

A woman was married to a very miserly man. She had to beg for every
penny that she needed for all the staples of life.
She begged him to be a little more liberal with his money, telling him
"You can't take it with you when you go".
"Oh yes I can", he replied 'WhenIi go you have to promise me you will
put all my money in the coffin with me".
The day came at last, The woman was at her husbands funeral with her
best friend. There was a pause in the ceremony, the woman got up and
walked to the coffin, placing something in it. The ceremony continued.
The best friend asked the wife " What did you put in the Coffin?"
The woman told her friend of the promise she had made to her husband.
Her friend said "I cannot believe that you were stupid enough to actually do it."
The woman replied to her "Yes I did Keep my promise as one must, I wrote
him a cheque, if he can cash it he can keep it."

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Hi Margaret
Hope your blogging problems are over. Hang in there .
good jokes the Miser deserved What he got ( the Cheque )still laughing Take Care, Jan